Dr. Shobha Swaminathan is an associate professor at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School and medical director of infectious diseases practice at University Hospital. This week, she is better known for being the principal investigator for the Moderna Phase 3 coronavirus vaccine clinical trial at the school. On Monday, Moderna announced its vaccine had a 94.5% efficacy rate — the second incredibly positive vaccine announcement in the last 10 days. Swaminathan, who has been involved in a handful of vaccine studies, twice serving as the principal investigator, gave ROI-NJ some insights into how this trial was different from the others in speed and size — and why concerns about safety may be unfounded. To read the full story.
- Let advanced practice nurses prescribe without a doctor’s oversight?
- Princeton’s technology accelerator fund celebrates 22 startups in 10 years of fueling innovations.
- Infectious Disease Expert Named National Academy of Inventors Fellow.
- NJ ACTS Pilot Awardee Tim Buschman Receives Prestigious National Academy of Sciences Award
- Addressing the Need for Nurses.
- News (1,615)