Recruitment Email Requirements
ResearchMatch will provide the researchers with contact information from those volunteers interested in receiving more information. The team can then follow-up with a recruitment email directly from the Investigator. The text of this email must be reviewed and approved by the IRB in advance.
The email should include the following elements:
- Personalized greeting (Hello/Dear Name)
- Remind the participant that he/she responded to an email from ResearchMatch.org stating that he/she might be interested in participating in XYZ study
- Thank him/her for their interest
- Direct to the next step
- “you can simply click on the link below to get started”, “please go to this website to schedule your first appointment”, etc.
- Include again the main details of the study as was included in the first email from ResearchMatch
- Include compensation information, if applicable
- Thank the participant
- Signature with detailed PI contact information
- name(s), department affiliated with, university affiliated with, contact email, phone number of PI or someone who can answer questions
Example of an IRB-approved recruitment email.
If you have questions or need guidance on preparing the either of the required contact messages please contact your university liaison for assistance at email@example.com.