Greenphire’s ClinCard, a reloadable debit card system, is available to RBHS researchers. This system is the preferred method of payment at Rutgers for clinical research studies with recurrent follow up visits. The system allows for milestone study visit payments, as well as for reimbursement of travel expenses with appropriate receipts.
Please e-mail ClinCard@rbhs.rutgers.edu for the current fee schedule.
Getting Started with ClinCard
- Review these two documents:
- Complete the attached ClinCard Access Form. E-mail the completed form, as well as a statement that you have reviewed the required materials above, to ClinCard@rbhs.rutgers.edu. Note that you will receive your log-in credentials only once your name has been associated with a study.
If you are an approver for your school or unit who is new to using ClinCard, please follow these steps:
- Review these two documents:
- Complete the ClinCard Access Form and note that you are requesting access as an approver. E-mail the completed form, as well as a statement that you have reviewed the required materials above, to ClinCard@rbhs.rutgers.edu. Note that you will receive your log-in credentials only once your name has been associated with a study.
Setting Up a New Study in ClinCard
- You will need the following:
- Fully executed study or project contract with finalized budget (showing that subject stipends and/or travel expenses have been anticipated)
- Oracle project number assigned to the study (Note: exceptions can be made if you are ready to enroll before a project number has been established. Inquire by sending an e-mail to ClinCard@rbhs.rutgers.edu.)
- Rutgers eIRB number
- Final IRB approved consent form (showing the IRB-approved stipend amounts and any reimbursements offered for travel expenses)
- Completed Excel Schedule of Events for Study Payments/Reimbursements (Note: please see the RBHS ClinCard program overview for tips on completing this template. Remember also to save the file in case changes are needed after the study starts.)
- Completed Excel ClinCard User and Approver List. This lists the individuals authorized to make subject payments for this study and the list of approvers authorized by your school or unit for this study. Note: If you do not know who the approvers are for your school or unit, please inquire by e-mailing ClinCard@rbhs.rutgers.edu. (Remember to also save this file in case changes are needed after the study starts.)
- Complete the ClinCard Study Set-up Request
ClinCard Consent Process & Subject-facing Materials
Additionally, Rutgers HSPP has approved the following documents to provide to research subjects:
Making changes to study personnel in ClinCard after the study starts
Making changes to the subject stipend schedule after the study starts
School/unit contacts for disbursement of ClinCards
Accessing the ClinCard Portal
Best Practices for Card Accountability
- Date the card was dispensed
- Last four digits of the 16-digit card number
- Expiration date
- Token Number (provided on the letter that comes with the card)
- Study Subject name
- Name or initials of the coordinator who provided the card to the subject
Click here the Template ClinCard Accountability Log