William Jester, B.S.
Chief Operating Officer
Rutgers Institute for Translational Medicine and Science
Child Health Institute of New Jersey
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
89 French Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Fax: (732) 235-7178
B.S., Lebanon Valley College, Annville, Pa
Before joining the Rutgers Institute for Translational Medicine and Science (RITMS) in 2016, Mr. Jester had previously served as a laboratory manager at the Airways Biology Initiative at the University of Pennsylvania. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Lebanon Valley College. Mr. Jester has over twenty five years of experience performing and managing basic science research and he is currently serving as chief operating officer for the RITMS. The laboratories’ current research is focusing on cellular and molecular mechanisms that regulate both airway smooth muscle cell growth and migration. The laboratories’ other interest centers on the investigation of the cytosolic signaling pathways that mediate gene expression and alter myocyte function.
- Steroid-induced fibroblast growth factors drive an epithelial-mesenchymal inflammatory axis in severe asthma. Guidi R, Xu D, Choy DF, Ramalingam TR, Lee WP, Modrusan Z, Liang Y, Marsters S, Ashkenazi A, Huynh A, Mills J, Flanagan S, Hambro S, Nunez V, Leong L, Cook A, Tran TH, Austin CD, Cao Y, Clarke C, Panettieri RA Jr, Koziol-White C, Jester WF Jr, Wang F, Wilson MS.Sci Transl Med. 2022 Apr 20;14(641):eabl8146. doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.abl8146. Epub 2022 Apr 20. PMID: 35442706.
- Oncostatin M expression induced by bacterial triggers drives airway inflammatory and mucus secretion in severe asthma. Headland SE, Dengler HS, Xu D, Teng G, Everett C, Ratsimandresy RA, Yan D, Kang J, Ganeshan K, Nazarova EV, Gierke S, Wedeles CJ, Guidi R, DePianto DJ, Morshead KB, Huynh A, Mills J, Flanagan S, Hambro Sh, Nunez V, Klementowicz JE, Shi Y, Wang J, Bevers J III, Ramirez-Carrozzi V, Pappu R, Abbas A, Vander-Heiden J, Choy DF, Yadav R, Modrusan Z, Panettieri RA Jr., Koziol-White C, Jester WF Jr., Jenkins BJ, Cao Y, Clarke C, Austin C, Lafkas D, Xu M, Wolters PJ, Arron JR, West NR, Wilson MS. Science Translational Medicine 2022 Jan 12;14(627):eabf8188. DOI: 10.1126/scitranslmed.abf8188. Epub 2022 Jan 12. PMID: 35020406.
- Inhibition of ABCC1 Decreases cAMP Egress and Promotes Human Airway Smooth Muscle Cell Relaxation. DOI: 10.1165/rcmb.2021-0345OC.PMID: 34648729.
- An inherent dysfunction in soluble guanylyl cyclase is present in the airway of severe asthmatics and is associated with aberrant redox enzyme expression and compromised NO-cGMP signaling Ghosh A, Koziol-White CJ, Jester WF Jr, Erzurum SC, Asosingh K, Panettieri RA Jr, Stuehr DJ. Redox Biol. 2021 Feb;39:101832.
- RGS4 promotes allergen- and aspirin-associated airway hyperresponsiveness by inhibiting PGE2 biosynthesis Wong GS, Redes JL, Balenga N, McCullough M, Fuentes N, Gokhale A, Koziol- White C, Jude JA, Madigan LA, Chan EC, Jester WH, Biardel S, Flamand N, Panettieri RA Jr, Druey KM. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020 Mar 19:S0091-6749(20)30372-9. Epub ahead of print.
- Airway Smooth Muscle-Specific Transcriptomic Signatures of Glucocorticoid Exposure Kan M, Koziol-White C, Shumyatcher M, Johnson M, Jester W, Panettieri RA Jr, Himes BE. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2019 Jul;61(1):110-120. 2018-0385OC.
- Salicylic acid amplifies Carbachol-induced bronchoconstriction in human precision-cut lung slices Jude J, Botelho D, Karmacharya N, Cao GY, Jester W, Panettieri RA Jr. Respir Res. 2019 Apr 11;20(1):72.
- CD33 recruitment inhibits IgE-mediated anaphylaxis and desensitizes mast cells to allergen Duan S, Koziol-White CJ, Jester WF Jr, Nycholat CM, Macauley MS, Panettieri RA Jr, Paulson JC. J Clin Invest. 2019 Mar 1;129(3):1387-1401. Epub 2019 Feb 18.
- Publisher Correction:Elastomeric sensor surfaces for high-throughput single-cell force cytometry. Pushkarsky I, Tseng P, Black D, France B, Warfe L, Koziol-White CJ, Jester WF Jr, Trinh RK, Lin J, Scumpia PO, Morrison SL, Panettieri RA Jr, Damoiseaux R, Di Carlo D. Nat Biomed Eng. 2018 Apr;2(4):265. Erratum for: Nat Biomed Eng. 2018 Feb;2(2):124-137.
- Serum amyloid A: an ozone-induced circulating factor with potentially important functions in the lung-brain axis Erickson MA, Jude J, Zhao H, Rhea EM, Salameh TS, Jester W, Pu S, Harrowitz J, Nguyen N, Banks WA, Panettieri RA Jr, Jordan-Sciutto KL. FASEB J. 2017 Sep;31(9):3950-3965. doi: 10.1096/fj.201600857RRR. Epub 2017 May 22. PMID: 28533327.