William Jester, B.S.
Chief Operating Officer
Rutgers Institute for Translational Medicine &
Child Health Institute of New Jersey
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
89 French Street, Room 4277
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Office: (732) 235-7607
Fax: (732) 235-7178
B.S., Lebanon Valley College, Annville, Pa
Before joining the
Rutgers Institute for Translational Medicine and Science (RITMS) in 2016, Mr. Jester
had previously served as a laboratory manager at the Airways Biology Initiative
at the University of Pennsylvania. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Lebanon
Valley College. Mr. Jester has over twenty five years of experience performing
and managing basic science research and he is currently serving as chief operating
officer for the RITMS. The laboratories' current research is focusing on
cellular and molecular mechanisms that regulate both airway smooth muscle cell
growth and migration. The laboratories' other interest centers on
the investigation of the cytosolic signaling pathways that mediate gene
expression and alter myocyte function.
- Jude J, Koziol-White C, Scala J, Yoo E, Jester W, Maute
C, Dalton P, Panettieri R Jr. Formaldehyde Induces Rho-associated Kinase
Activity to Evoke Airway Hyperresponsiveness. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2016
- Li S, Koziol-White C, Jude J, Jiang M, Zhao H, Cao G, Yoo E,
Jester W, Morley MP, Zhou S, Wang Y, Lu MM, Panettieri RA Jr, Morrisey EE.
Epithelium-generated neuropeptide Y induces smooth muscle contraction to promote
airway hyperresponsiveness. J Clin Invest. 2016 May 2; 126(5):1978-82.
- Himes BE, Koziol-White C, Johnson M, Nikolos C, Jester W, Klanderman B, Litonjua AA, Tantisira KG, Truskowski K, MacDonald K, Panettieri RA Jr, Weiss ST. Vitamin D Modulates Expression of the Airway Smooth Muscle Transcriptome in Fatal Asthma. PLoS One. 2015 Jul 24; 10(7):e0134057. eCollection 2015.
- Himes BE, Jiang X, Wagner P, Hu R, Wang Q, Klanderman B, Whitaker RM, Duan Q, Lasky-Su J, Nikolos C, Jester W, Johnson M, Panettieri RA Jr, Tantisira KG, Weiss ST, Lu Q. RNA-Seq
Transcriptome Profiling Identifies CRISPLD2 as a Glucocorticoid
Responsive Gene that Modulates Cytokine Function in Airway Smooth Muscle
Cells. PLoS One. 2014 Jun 13;9(6):e99625. eCollection 2014.
- Balenga NA, Jester W, Jiang M, Panettieri RA Jr, Druey KM. Loss of regulator of G protein signaling 5 promotes airway hyperresponsiveness in the absence of allergic inflammation. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Mar 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hu R, Pan W, Fedulov AV, Jester W, Jones MR, Weiss ST, Panettieri RA Jr, Tantisira K, Lu Q. MicroRNA-10a controls airway smooth muscle cell proliferation via direct targeting of the PI3 kinase pathway. FASEB J. 2014 Feb 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Banerjee A, Trivedi CM, Damera G, Jiang M, Jester W, Hoshi T, Epstein JA, Panettieri RA Jr.Trichostatin A abrogates airway constriction, but not inflammation, in murine and human asthma models. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012 Feb; 46(2):132-8.
- Damera G, Jiang J, Zhao H, Fogle HW, Jester W.F., Freire J, Panettieri Jr. RA. Aclidinium
Bromide abrogates allergen-induced hyperresponsiveness and reduces
eosinophilia in murine model of airway inflammation.European Journal of Pharmacology, 15; 649(1-3):349-53. 2010
- Wang M, Cooper PR, Jiang M, Zhao H, Hui Y, Yao Y, Tate JC, Damera G, Lawson JA, Jester W.F. Jr., Haczku A, Panettieri RA Jr., Fitzgerald GA. Deletion of microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 does not alter ozone-induced airway hyper-responsiveness. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 334(1):63-8. 2010
- Damera G, Jester W.F., Jiang M, Zhao H, Fogle H.W., Mittelman M, Haczku A, Murphy E, Parikh I, Panettieri Jr. RA. Inhibition
of myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate (MARCKS) protein
inhibits ozone-induced airway neutrophilia and inflammation. Experimental Lung Research, 36: 67-76. 2010